15th Newcastle Mini Congress
13th & 14th April 2019
Newcastle Bridge Club
Entries as at 21 Feb
- U160, U130, U100 sections (if anyone is interested in an Open section, please let Alberto know sooner rather than later)
- Jan 2019 grades will be used.
- 5 round swiss, ½ point byes available
- Games graded
- Sections entirely equipped with digital clocks (hopefully all): All moves in 95 minutes plus 10 seconds per move;
Otherwise: All moves in 105 minutes
- Rounds start Sat 9:30, 2:00, 6:30, Sun 10:00 and 2:30
Access to premises from 9:00 Sat and 9:30 Sun
- Entry fee ECF silver members and above: £15 adults, £13 juniors under 18 (1st Sept 18)
Bronze and non-members add £7.50. (or upgrade your membership yourself)
- Cash Prizes, two per section, dependent on entries.
- Controller's decision final in all matters.
Entries by text (07565554003), email or post giving
Players will automatically be entered for the lowest section for which they are eligible unless they request otherwise.
- round, if any, in which you wish to have a half point bye. Such byes are not available in round 5.
Payment by cash or cheque payable to Newcastle Chess Club.
Postal entries to:
32 Pearl Brook Avenue
Acknowledgement of entry will be by e-mail or text only
Acceptance that names, grades, clubs and results may appear on any site having a legitimate interest* in the competition is a condition of entry.
* Defined as a site, not necessarily official, of any organisation having a current or past member playing in the congress.
Reports on previous Newcastle mini congresses can be found in the Archive
Tea, coffee and soft drinks available.
Many bars, cafes, takeaways and restaurants within easy walking distance.
Nearest car park is King Street, next to the Borough Arms. £3.50 for all day Saturday, free on Sunday.
Re-pairing after 30 minutes.
If two sections each have an odd number of players in a given round, a graded friendly will be arranged.
If the total number of players in a given round is odd, one player will be given a full point bye. It may be possible to arrange a graded game for them against someone not competing in the whole congress - it has always been so in the past.