Back to main site
Third Newcastle Mini Congress
10th & 11th March 2007
As you can see I have finally got around to producing my less than instant report on this seasons congress.
Newcastle Bridge Club
I arrived at the club at the published opening time to be greeted by several competitors keen to be started. Great. Even better everyone turned up, so I did not have any unexpected problems with the draw to contend with.
But I get ahead of myself, for I should first record my thanks to all those who helped make the congress happen:
- Fenton Chess club for their loan of sets.
- Sandra and John Blackburn, and the NSDCA, for their donations.
- James Rothwell for helping setting the room up.
- John Day for liaising with the bridge club.
- All those who helped restore the club to its natural state at the end of the congress.
- All those who found time to say kind words to me about the event. Your encouragement is much appreciated.
- All the players who put up uncomplainly with any imperfections on my part. Particular thanks to those who didn't win prizes - without people willing to turn out and come 2nd, 3rd, 4th ... there can be no winners.
Left: Paul has a nail-biting time whilst in the background Kamal is altogether more relaxed.
Technical note: All the pictures here have been cropped and degraded so as to stop the file sizes getting out of hand. In the unlikely event of anyone wanting a copy of one of the photos, I can forward an original which should be of less poor quality.
For a few words and more pictures I have created pages for each section: